Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wrap Up of NY Trip

Wow - a week has flown by! I thought I'd give a quick wrap up of the NY trip (oh, so much fun!) before launching into a crazy 2+ months of opera chorus rehearsals!

So, after a delicious Korean dinner and amazing dessert from Nussbaum & Woo (love the name!),  I went to bed Tuesday night disappointed but eager for Wednesday, a museum day!

I headed to the Jewish Museum on Wednesday morning but found it closed. I shopped at the gift shop and went to the Tenement Museum instead and did two different tours and had a great time! Nancy and I had a heavenly Ethiopian dinner and more desserts (this time from a little shop close to dinner). A delicious evening!

Thursday morning, after walking with Nancy along Riverside Park to 72nd, I stopped in at Zabars to purchase the requisite black & white cookies, chocolate babka, and rugula, among other goodies. I stopped at home to unload and headed back to the Jewish Museum. It was a beautiful museum and I enjoyed all the parallels, encouraging us to relate our experience as Jews to other people in the world today. I had a phenomenal bagel at their lunch shop and headed to the Holocaust Museum at Battery Park. Now, this museum was outstanding. I could have easily spent 2-3 days there. It was incredible. I will certainly go back, and devote at least an entire day, next visit. I met Nancy at Lincoln Center, had noodles at Ollie's (hee!) and after a stop at a chocolate shop, we headed back to Lincoln Center for a Messiah performance. In the spirit of Christmas, and because we didn't love the soloists, we left at Intermission, which, strictly speaking, was the end of the Christmas section anyway!

On Friday I joined Nancy again on her walk and then headed to the airport via subway, Metra and shuttle train. Phew! I had a nice easy flight and got back to Boulder in time to see Ted and Mae test at TKD. All in all, a wonderful trip! I can't wait for next year!

Oh, and no worries - I have a wonderful video today! Flicka's farewell at Houston Grand Opera (Feb. 6, 2011). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment