Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday in NY

I thought I'd give a quick update before heading out to meet Nancy for sushi and the Met's production of "La Fille du Regiment!"

After getting in around 2am, I woke to say goodbye to Nancy and then tried to catch a few more zzz's. Around 9 I finally got up and planned my day! My first stop was the juice store Nancy recommended. I had a carrot-apple-ginger juice and it was delicious! I took the 1 line to Lincoln Center and bought Family Circle standing room tickets for us for tonight. I discovered there are backstage tours daily at 3pm, so I'll have to take one of those this week. I perused the gift shop and purchased the DVD "The Audition" and the current Opera News magazine (with Joyce on the front! Cool.)

Then I walked a very long way to Broadway/29th to Simple Studios. A genius of an idea, this large building houses practice rooms. I rented a room with a piano for an hour and sang through all my arias, working through some issues that seem to have appeared - the buzz in my right ear might indeed be the beginning of an infection of some sort - not normal. Happily, there is more O2 here and I can sing my Furibondo passages without needing to sneak any extra breaths!

Then I found a quick bite to eat and headed back to the apartment. I considered taking the backstage tour today but I was fading fast and thought I'd better take a quick nap before tonight's performance. So I did.

Minnie and Maxine, while wary of me, are being quick talkative and curious. I'm sure Fuffles will have lots of new smells to sniff when I return.

Today's video is Susan Graham's Cherubino:


No comments:

Post a Comment