Sunday, December 11, 2011

Score!

Well, that went well! This afternoon I sang for Opera Colorado. I gave them my fancy folder and sang "Voi, che sapete." Not long after I started singing, they started whispering to each other. I thought they were bored but rallied and kept on, reminding myself that this was a practice audition! I nuanced my pianissimos and had a great time. Before the pianist had even finished playing, they started talking. They offered me the position and shuffled me into another room where they took my picture (with a cellphone!) and gave me the (extensive!) rehearsal schedule. This was completely unlike my experience 3 years ago. Then again, I wasn't singing as well then either. It was a lovely boost of confidence and I'm still smiling and probably will for a while! I arrived at the airport nice and early, changed into comfortable clothes, and found a port to plug into. All I need is a Starbucks and I'll be set! Next stop, Newark!

1 comment: